HEARING AIDS - INTERON HEARING AIDS - AND COSTCO PRIVATE BRANDING - KIRKLAND G
Costco evidently has decided to start private branding the Hearing Aids they sell. At least one Manufacturer has decided to private-label for them.
Interon, is a small German Company manufacturing hearing aids and evidently has entered in a contractual arrangement with COSTCO to use the COSTCO Brand Kirkland, which is used the same way that SEARS uses their Private Label such as KENMORE or CRAFTSMAN, to sell merchandise.
Usually, the primary purpose of Private Label is to provide a larger discount to a Big Customer for their Purchases than the Competitors of the Big Customer.
The Federal Trade Commission establishes the rules pertaining to price discrimination and favortisim and insists on certain criteria.
Usually a greater discount or profit is allowed based on quantities ordered, but to eliminate any doubt, often the Manufacturer insists on using a different name of the merchandise. Hence, Kirkland, Kenmore,Craftsman,etc,etc,etc.
COSTCO evidently is offering a Promotion involving a pair of "Open Fit" Kirkland branded Hearing Aids at a Special Price.
Evidently, you have to buy 2 Hearing Aids.
COSTCO also sells INTERON Hearing Aids under the INTERON Label, so it will be interesting to see what the difference is.
Most Hearing Aid Manufacturers choose not to sell COSTCO their products, as do most other popular branded products.
COSTCO along with most other Big Box Discount Retailers such as WAL-MART, K-MART, etc, do nothing to promote a Brand other than sell it at a lower price that other Retailers that invest in training employees, provide benefits such as Carpeting, and Air Conditioning, better Customer Service, etc, benefits that all cost Money.
Discounters, such as COSTCO, usually just milk and exploit a Brand, and do nothing to develope the sales and reputation of the Brand, other than to offer the Product and Brand, at a lower Price than those Retailers that have really developed the Brand.
Discounters, such as COSTCO, usually just exploit the popularity of an established BRAND and do nothing to enhance the BRAND or contribute to its success,
They are kind of like a Swap Meet.
Other than Mustard and Salt,Pepper,and Perhaps Coffee, they never seem to have the same product for any period of time.
It almost seems as though they specialize in close-outs and obsolete merchandise,
As a result, most Quality Manufacturers, choose not to make their products available to Big Box Retailers.
Thats why you don't see the leading Hearing Aid Manufacturers selling COSTCO.
Siemens,Oticon,Phonak,Starkey,the largest Hearing Aid Manufacturers, accounting for about 80% of all Hearing Aids sold in the World, will not sell their products to COSTCO,
As a result, small Companies, such as INTERON, who must figure they have nothing to lose, since they don't have any sales in the traditional market and can't compete against the big Names, sells COSTCO.
This doesn't mean or imply, that INTERON is an inferior product. Not at all. It just means it just easier to get volume and sales by selling at a cheap price to COSTCO rather than trying to penetrate the traditional market at a great expense and over a long period of time.
INTERON will probably be bought by one of the larger Hearing Aid Companies, and that will take care of that.
In the mean time, it is to the advantage of the Consumer of having the option of buying a quality product at reasonable prices from COSTCO rather than being ripped off by some Organization or Medical Group trying to sell Hearing Aids at the Price they are getting for Pace Makers.
Buyer Beware12566151 review #92018
You may also like
- "13867 sausalito rd in san leandro, ca is a rental house. when the rain started house smelled like litter box. Owner Maria Leal refues to clean up house. Her daughter..."
- "I placed an order from the online optical shop “BestPriceGlasses.com”. This company is owned by a man named Roger Jiang who also owns a string of other online optical shops..."
- "Pearl optical on marks street and sunset las vegas nv.Bought my glasses,had less than a year,the arm broke off so,went to the store I bought them at and they tried..."
- "Bernard Brown of Dallas Texas is going to trial for a fraud, patent infringement, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty and interference of business relations from his disastrous handlings..."
- "Today, 04/20/15, I brought our 3 year old yellow lab into the Manchester NH petsmart store #1869 in for a routine full service bath and groom. A groomer took her..."
- "I ordered two dresses and both were horrible. This site is awful and not what I expected AT ALL. The prices are low but the clothing is cheaply made, uncomfortable,..."
- "Before making a reservation with budget car rental, I asked them if my international drivers license and debit card were acceptable. They said they were. I asked them if I..."
- "I bought 3 months ago the motor bike leather gloves for Harley Davidson. Although they do get worn every day the stitching fell apart after 4 weeks. The quality of..."